The bad news is that we did not hold the Xmas Cross Country today. The good news is we will try again on the 12th January.

Nine people turned up in the car park today where we debated whether we should go up. At that period of time (10:00 to 11:30) there was some light rain. Then at about 11:30 one intrepid soul broke ranks and went for the hill. This led to a stampede by the rest of us to follow (herd instinct had a part to play). We made camp on the Razor - rain had stopped but wind was about 20 mph gusting to 30 mph. Most flew foamy wings, but a couple of people flew “real planes”. After lunch the wind picked up to over 30mph with gust much higher so any thoughts of holding the competition were abandoned. However, flying continued until about 14:30 and then rain was seen to be heading our way, so we all went home.